Monday, June 6, 2011

GENERATION X - PROMISES PROMISES



"Our hair was short we said what we thought
We'd never be scared, never be bought
Never sell out like they did - they did

Promises Promises
Do you remember the promises promises - I do-
Do you remember the promises promises - I do-"


Seems like a hundred years ago now, but this was on the first mix tape that Grigley gave me. I wore that thing through. There was some Gen X, The Jam, Buzzcocks, 999, Clash, and Stiff Little Fingers on it. To this day some of my favorite bands. Cliche to say it, but it changed my life. I stopped thinking about Michigan things, dove into skateboarding, punk rock and rebelling head first. So many memories. John will always be the older brother/best friend in my life. I guess that holds true for all the "St. Pete Crew."

0 comments:

Post a Comment